5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 12
The Bellevue Hill Improvement Association Neighborhood Block Party on Saturday is featuring an all-female Queen tribute band called - Gunpowder Gelatine. Isn't America awesome!?
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight the ICA is hosting Anna Myer and Dancers, famous for their physically and visually innovative choreography. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. $36 dollars for members, $40 for nonmembers.
- Tomorrow the Bellevue Hill Neighborhood Block Party will feature the only all-female Queen tribute band - Gunpowder Gelatine. It's also a potluck, so bring something tasty to drink or eat. A chair would be good, too. 1-5 p.m. 32 Robin Street, West Roxbury.
- On Sunday is the Roslindale Day Parade stepping off from Washington Street at 1 p.m. and ending at Fallon Field (Robert and South streets, Roslindale) for fun, games and activities.
- Apply to be on the Boston School Committee. Applications are due Nov. 19 by noon. Follow this link for the application.
- Tonight is the 27th Annual Hyde Park YMCA Auction. The evening will include a silent and main auction, catered by Sophia’s Grotto. Rich DiMare (from KISS 108 Matty in the Morning Show, presented by Music Management) will be back again this year to entertain us. All proceeds benefit the Hyde Park YMCA annual fund. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door, reserved table of 10 for $225. Tickets can be purchased online at ymcaboston.org/hydepark For additional information or to purchase tickets or donate to the event, please contact Michelle Consalvo at 617-361-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. At the Elks Hall in West Roxbury. 6:30 p.m.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.