5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 16
Meet with state Sen. Mike Rush and state Rep. Ed Coppinger, this morning at Roche Bros.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today at 1 p.m. Ethos AgeWell West Roxbury presents a free workshop for seniors - Healthy Eating for Older Adults. This is a two-hour a week for six weeks class. The class will be held in St. Theresa Church Pavilion on Tuesday afternoons from 1-3 p.m. The first class starts on October 16. You must pre-register to attend the class. Call Janice Williams at 617-477-6616 to sign up.
- Today is Joslin’s first symposium tailored to families and their children - pediatric and young adolescents – living with type 1 diabetes. Hear about the latest advances in science from members of Joslin’s renowned research team. 7 p.m. 1 Joslin Place, Boston. To RSVP or learn more, please contact Nancy Holt at 617-309-2405 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided.
- This morning state Sen. Mike Rush, D-Norfolk/Suffolk, and state Rep. Ed Coppinger, D-West Roxbury, are holding dual office hours at Roche Bros. No appointment is necessary. 9-11 a.m.
- Tomorrow - October 17 - is the last day to register to vote to be eligible for voting in the November presidential election. Remember - you can't complain if you don't vote. Well, you can still complain...
- There will be a Truman Rally Fundraiser on Thursday at the West Roxbury Pub. 6-8 p.m.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.