5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 18
Tonight there will be a Truman Rally Fundraiser at the West Roxbury Pub at 6 p.m.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- There will be a Truman Rally Fundraiser tonight at the West Roxbury Pub. 6-8 p.m. $20.
- The Taste of Roslindale is also tonight. This year’s event will showcase the best of the Harvest season, with local restaurants offering fresh, seasonal ingredients from many of the local farms who participate in the Roslindale Village Farmers’ Market! Sample fresh and fabulous fall menu items, chat with the chefs from the area’s best eateries, and meet some of your local farmers outside of the busy market setting. Mingle with neighbors and enjoy live music, demonstrations, raffles and prizes. Funds support Roslindale Village Main Street. St. Nectarios Church, 39 Belgrade Ave., Roslindale. $40 - buy tickets here.
- Learn about Question 3 - medicinal marijuana for chronically ill patients with safe access to it, and how Massachusetts proposed law would be stricter compared to other states such as Colorado and California.
- Also tonight is Taste Dedham. There will be 27 tasting sessions. $30. At Moseley's, 50 Bridge St., Dedham.
- On Friday is the first day of the 36th Annual St. George Bazaar & Food Fair. Hours: Fri/Sat 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Sun. 2-3 p.m. Free admission. Full-kitchen service and take-out available. Authentic Middle Eastern cuisine and pastries, American foods and pastries, country store, holiday crafts, handmade items, white elephant table and more. Galaxy raffle tickets to win fabulous prizes. For more info please call the Church at 6170323-9861. Proceeds to benefit church projects.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.