5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 2
Check out the mobile fashion boutique trucks at Boston City Hall Plaza as a part of Boston Fashion Week.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- On Thursday night, Boston Public Schools will hold a public meeting about the five school choice plans they proposed last week to answer questions and to discuss the plan. Ohrenberger School from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The meeting is open to the public.
- The West Roxbury YMCA is offering a free 10-week membership to teens, as well as a free college prep classthat addresses the college essay process, the application process including the common application. Please contact Becky Peluso West Roxbury YMCA Teen Director 857-547-1332 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The college prep class started on Sept. 29 and goes through Nov. 3. Still contact if you missed Sept. 29.
- There is no yard waste collection this week or next, but will start again on Oct. 15 and end Nov. 30, but residents can still put yard waste out as trash after Nov. 30.
- The West Roxbury/Rotary Club is meeting today at noon at West on Centre. Anyone interested in joining is welcome to attend.
- Boston City Hall Plaza is hosting fashion trucks from October 1-5, 11 a.m. -7 p.m. because of Boston Fashion Week. Mobile fashion boutiques include: The Brkfst Clb, The Fashion Truck, ARTichoke, and more. Check out more about Boston Fashion week here.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.