5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 24
Learn about your military ancestors tonight at the Copley Library.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today attend a free Citibank home buying seminar at Citibank at 20 City Square, Boston, today at 10 a.m.
- There will be a Halloween Dog Walk on Sunday, October 28, at 2:30-5 p.m. at the soccer field at Millennium Park.
- Also today the Copley Boston Public Library has partnered with the National Archives to offer digital war records from current conflicts all the way back to the Revolutionary War. This event is free and it begins at 6 p.m.
- On Thursday is the 25th annual West Roxbury-Roslindale Kiwanis Benefit Auction and Dinner. $15. Irish Social Club of Boston. 6 p.m. Net proceeds from this event help us to support local organizations such as children's programs at the West Roxbury-Roslindale YMCA, scholarships for graduating seniors through the Joseph P. Sullivan Scholarship Fund (via The Cooperative Bank), the Roslindale Food Pantry, as well as the American Diabetes Association and Juvenile Diabetes Association.
- On Friday, the Boston Police District E-5 is hosting a Halloween party for kids from 5-8 p.m. Dress up in your favorite costume.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.