5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 29
Hurricane Sandy has cancelled Boston Public Schools and more.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Hurricane Sandy is making life very difficult and government officials, such as Governor Deval Patrick, have asked people to stay home if they can in Massachusetts.
- Boston Public Schools cancelled school today due to Hurricane Sandy.
- All non-essential city employees are being asked to stay home from work today.
- Boston Mayor Thomas Menino was hospitalized on Friday with a virus, and he is expected to be in the hospital for several days.
- Tonight ReadBoston is scheduled to host author Phil Vitti, of the book The Passage. The Passage is an informative account of one Boston Police Department undercover cop's experiences in the 1960s era. played out against the back drop of Boston's once infamous Combat Zone. Vitti retired from the Command Staff of the Boston Police Department in 2003 after 38 years of service. He also served as a Senior Lecturer at University College, Northeastern University. West on Centre. $25. Hors d'oeuvres will be served. Books available for sale. RSVP to email@example.com or 617-918-5286.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.