5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 31
Today is Halloween - beware and be careful of trick-or-treaters out there!
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today is Halloween so beware of trick-or-treaters out there in costumes. Here are some suggested neighborhoods in West Roxbury to go trick-or-treating.
- The City of Boston can help home and business owners affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- The Fashion Mob Show is taking place on Thursday starting at 5:30 p.m., with models hitting the section of 162 to 170 Spring Street in Fabutique and Top It Off fashion at 6:30 p.m. Free drinks and appetizers will be served by BakerBaker. Come see the fashion and do a little shopping.
- Today and tonight - families and kids of all ages will have an opportunity to “Trick-or-Treat at Fenway Park” around the warning track (weather-permitting), decorate pumpkins, and enjoy magicians, face painting, and balloon artists. Red Sox alumni Frank Malzone, Ted Lepcio, Rich Gedman, and Bob Montgomery will also be on hand to meet fans and sign autographs. Families are encouraged to wear costumes and can enter the park through Gate B starting at 4 p.m. Discounted concessions will be offered during the event. FREE from 4-8 p.m., and open to the public. The event is one of 100 “Acts of Kindness” the club is performing in honor of Fenway Park’s 100th Anniversary season.
- If you have a problem with a fallen tree, clogged sewer, block public way, call the Mayor's 24-hour hotline at 617-635-4500.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.