5 Things You Need to Know Today: September 10
Today is Porschefest at Larz Anderson Auto Museum.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today is Porschefest at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Car registration is $25 per car and includes the driver and one passenger. Spectator admission is adults, $10. Military, seniors, students and children 6-12, $5 and children under 6 are free. For info call 617-522-6547. 15 Newton St., Brookline.
- On Tuesday there will be a Get to Know Rotary and its Members at 6 p.m. at West on Centre. The public is invited to this open meeting. A presentation of Silpada Designs by Susana Brown is also scheduled. Hors d'oeuvres served and cash bar. For more info about Rotary, see its webpage here.
- Tryouts for the Parkway Travel Basketball teams, for both boys and girls, are today and ongoing until Sept. 14. Today its 6th and 7th grade girls tryouts starting at 5 p.m. You can register online by clicking the link to the registration form in the upper right corner of the website’s home page. Roche Family Community Center. 5 p.m.
- The City Hall Farmers Market is today at City Hall Plaza from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Need to pay a City of Boston parking ticket - follow this link.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.
About this column: A roundup of events taking place today in West Roxbury.