5 Things You Need to Know Today: September 17
The 2nd Annual West Roxbury YMCA Golf Tournament is today.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- The 2nd Annual YMCA Golf Tournament is this morning starting at 7:30 a.m. The funds raised will go to the Annual Fund which allows the YMCA to provide a myriad of programs like Swim Nights for Autistic Children, LIVESTRONG for cancer survivors, subsidized summer camps and more. Also at the George Wright Golf Course. $160 per player. Buy tickets here.
- Registration for Cub Scouts Holy Name Pack 3 and St. Theresa’s Pack 5 Scouts starts today for all area boys in grades 1 through 5. Registration fee is $45. Holy Name Finn Hall. 6-8 p.m. Read more here, and read here about why two Cub Scouts love scouting, and their mother, too.
- Tomorrow is a "Whip Your Likes into Shape" Social Media Seminar free from West Roxbury Main Streets and Roslindale Village Main Streets for local businesses looking to turn fans and followers into repeat customers. This seminar will focus on the 3 main pillars of your online identity: website, search, and facebook/twitter. We'll dive deeper into these three areas, discussing best practices and strategies for optimization. This seminar is being offered free of charge to West Roxbury and Roslindale's small business owners/employees. To RSVP please contact Farrell McClernon at email@example.com or register on eventbrite http://mainstreetsgetprivy.eventbrite.com/. 6 Cummins Highway, Roslindale.
- Gymnastics class registration at the Ohrenberger Community Center Gymnastic Class is on Tuesday from 6-9 p.m. Classes are scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes are scheduled. Classes are for children ages 3 and up. Cost is $90/session + membership.
- The Hub on Wheels annual citywide bike ride is on Sept. 23. Register now here.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.