5 Things You Need to Know Today: September 18
Cub Scouts sign-ups are today; and gymnastics sign-ups are at the Ohrenberger.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Registration for Cub Scouts Holy Name Pack 3 and St. Theresa’s Pack 5 Scouts starts tonight (sorry I said yesterday!) for all area boys in grades 1 through 5. Registration fee is $45. Holy Name Finn Hall. 6-8 p.m. Read more here, and read here about why two Cub Scouts love scouting, and their mother, too.
- Today is also a "Whip Your Likes into Shape" Social Media Seminar free from West Roxbury Main Streets and Roslindale Village Main Streets for local businesses looking to turn fans and followers into repeat customers. This seminar will focus on the 3 main pillars of your online identity: website, search, and facebook/twitter. We'll dive deeper into these three areas, discussing best practices and strategies for optimization. This seminar is being offered free of charge to West Roxbury and Roslindale's small business owners/employees. To RSVP please contact Farrell McClernon at firstname.lastname@example.org or register on eventbrite http://mainstreetsgetprivy.eventbrite.com/. 6 Cummins Highway, Roslindale.
- Gymnastics class registration at the Ohrenberger Community Center Gymnastic Class starts today from 6-9 p.m. Classes are scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes are scheduled. Classes are for children ages 3 and up. Cost is $90/session + membership.
- On Thursday there will be a Highland Hash Fun Run with Notch Brewing Company at West on Centre. West Roxbury Main Streets and the Parkway Running Club are teaming up together. Fun Run participants will meet outside of West on Centre at 6:30 p.m. Choose from a 2.5-mile or 5-mile route based on your skill level. Each route will end back at West on Centre, followed by appetizers and beer from Notch Brewing Company at West on Centre restaurant on the garden patio from 7-8:30 pm.
- Governor Deval Patrick signed the homerule petition to allow the authorization from the Boston Licensing Board for the Irish Social Club of Boston to receive a seven-day full alcohol club license.