5 Things You Need to Know Today: September 19
Walk-in registration for Parkway Little League is tonight at Praught Field on Baker Street.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Walk-in registration is today for the Parkway Little League at the athletic complex at 315 Baker St. 6-8:30 p.m. Read more here. And tryouts are on Saturday.
- On Thursday there will be a Highland Hash Fun Run with Notch Brewing Company at West on Centre. West Roxbury Main Streets and the Parkway Running Club are teaming up together. Fun Run participants will meet outside of West on Centre at 6:30 p.m. Choose from a 2.5-mile or 5-mile route based on your skill level. Each route will end back at West on Centre, followed by appetizers and beer from Notch Brewing Company at West on Centre restaurant on the garden patio from 7-8:30 pm.
- There will be an open house for Cub Scout West Roxbury Pack 1 out of St. John Chrysostom on Friday for all boys in first to fifth grade. The open house is on Friday evening and for the pack's Raingutter Regatta (model boat racing) on Saturday, Sept. 22 (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.) in the yard behind the parish. The open house and regatta are free, but there is a fee to join Cub Scouts.
- Got a downed limb or tree on a public way? Maybe a clogged sewer? Call the Mayor's 24-hour hotline at 617-635-4500.
- The Boston City Council's weekly meeting will be delayed today due to at least 2 p.m. due to the funeral of former City Council President Bruce Bolling.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.