5 Things You Need to Know Today: September 20
A Highland Hash Fun Run with Notch Brewing Company at West on Centre starts at 6:30 p.m. Run and then drink with West Roxbury Main Streets and the Parkway Running Club.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today there will be a Highland Hash Fun Run with Notch Brewing Company at West on Centre. West Roxbury Main Streets and the Parkway Running Club are teaming up together. Fun Run participants will meet outside of West on Centre at 6:30 p.m. Choose from a 2.5-mile or 5-mile route based on your skill level. Each route will end back at West on Centre, followed by appetizers and beer from Notch Brewing Company at West on Centre restaurant on the garden patio from 7-8:30 pm.
- There will be an open house for Cub Scout West Roxbury Pack 1 out of St. John Chrysostom on Friday for all boys in first to fifth grade. The open house is on Friday evening and for the pack's Raingutter Regatta (model boat racing) on Saturday, Sept. 22 (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.) in the yard behind the parish. The open house and regatta are free, but there is a fee to join Cub Scouts.
- Parkway Little League tryouts are at the athletic complex at 315 Baker St. on Saturday. Read more here.
- On Friday night, Award winning singer-songwrite, Ellis Paul, will perform in Roxbury Latin's Smith Theater for a concert open to the public. One of the leading voices in American songwriting and one of the top singer-songwriters to emerge out of the Boston folk scene, Ellis has released more than 17 albums and received 14 Boston Music awards. Open seating tickets: $10 for students and senior citizens; $20 all others. Tickets are available now at: www.roxburylatin.org
- On Friday, West Roxbury District Councilor Matt O'Malley is holding officer hours at Starbucks. West Roxbury liaison Bill MacGregor will attend. Also, if you'd like to get in touch with O’Malley at his City Hall office, it is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Please call 617-635-4220 to reach the office.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.