5 Things You Need to Know Today: September 6
Today is a State Primary Election Day. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today is a State Primary Election - read more here. Local state politicians state Sen. Mike Rush and state Rep. Ed Coppinger, are both unopposed.
- Tryouts for the Parkway Travel Basketball teams, for both boys and girls, are today and ongoing until Sept. 14. Today its 5th and 8th grade girls tryouts starting at 5 p.m. You can register online by clicking the link to the registration form in the upper right corner of the website’s home page. Roche Family Community Center. 5 p.m.
- Tonight is Boston's Second Annual Fashion Night Out. "Boston’s most fashionable shopping destination, Copley Place, will join forces with Boston Common Magazine to present an evening of high end fashion shows during Fashion's Night Out. A professionally produced runway fashion show spotlighting fall fashion trends by Neiman Marcus will kickoff the evening, followed by a mixed retailer show featuring looks by Jimmy Choo, Wolford, Vince and Elie Tahari." Free. 100 Huntington Ave., Boston. 6-9 p.m.
- Got Boston Public Schools questions about student assignment, transportation or other back-to-school issues, call the Back-to-School Hotline at 617-635-9046.
- A great way to get your event mentioned in 5 Things and other articles is by adding it to the Patch calendar by clicking here.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.