Sometimes it's hard to tell who's happier about the Boston Youth Fund summer jobs provided to thousands of teens - the teens or the parents.
Teens get out of their homes, meet new friends, help the community, and get a few dollars in their pockets. Parents - well, they get the kids out of the house.
Either way, the application period opens on Feb. 1 and will end on March 2.
Find out about the Boston Youth Fund Summer Employment Program here and to learn if you are eligible. You must apply to the Hopeline at 617-635-HOPE (4673) to be eligible. To be eligible:
- MUST turn 15-years old on or before July 8, 2012
- CANNOT turn 18-years-old on or before Aug. 17, 2012
- MUST be a full-time resident of the City of Boston
- MUST be legally permitted to work in Massachusetts and US
The BYF is the City of Boston's teen employment program for Boston teens between the ages of 15 and 17. Participants work in a variety of jobs within community, faith-based, and government agencies throughout the city. Positions include administrative assistants like working at a city councilor's office, being a mural painter, a peer leader and more.
*Please note that applying with the Hopeline does not guarantee a summer job.
- TEENS MUST APPLY THEMSELVES – Parents and other adults are NOT PERMITTED to apply for a teen.
- Applications must be completed fully and accurately in order to be considered.
- HOPELINE application requires an email address. This email account will be the primary way you will be contacted.