Five Things You Need to Know Today, Thursday, August 16
Here are five things going on in and around town.
1. Just Like Yesterday: The National Weather Service predicts another stormy morning. Then it will be cloudy, becoming partly sunny with a high of 83. The evening will clear up and cool off to about 70.
2. Matt O'Malley Office Hours: City CouncilorMatt O'Malley will host a coffee with the councilor event Friday at the Panera Bread on Spring Street. West oxbury Liaison Bill MacGregor will also atend the 8 a.m. meet up.
3. Veteran Leadership Dinner: The Volunteers of America Massachusetts is hosting their annual Veterans Leadership Dinner at IBEW Local 103, 256 Freeport St., Boston, MA 02122. Dinner and entertainment will be provided for guests as we take the time to honor our local heroes. Cost of admission is $65, all proceeds go to the Volunteers of America veterans program.
4. Harborwalk Sounds: The ICA is hosting a free performance from Berklee College’s Holiday Mountain. Come check out the music and the art for free from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
5. Gardner Museum After Hours: Head down to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for live music and plenty of activities in the galleries from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Price of admission is $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $5 for college students.