Resident Grilling Pork Chops Led to Partridge Street Fire
The Boston Fire Department estimated the damage to be $100,000 from the Sunday afternoon fire.
The owner of the Partridge Street home that caught on fire on Sunday, told Boston Police that he turned the grill off after making pork chops, but the house caught fire and was engulfed quickly.
Police found the owner of the house next door of his home, which had its front porch engulfed in flames, according to a Boston Police report.
The man told police he had grilled pork chops on the grill on the front porch. He said he turned off the grill, and then saw smoke coming from in front of his house. The owner said he helped his elderly mother exit the house.
A Boston Fire Department chief estimated the damage to be around $100,000.
Boston Fire Department Engines 53 and 55, and Ladders 25, 16 and 28 responded to the scene.