Video Battle of the Bands: Greater Boston Winners
The President featuring L.E.S White and Scotty and the Gang move on to the final round.
The regional round of Patch's Video Battle of the Bands contest has ended, and we have our winners, with two bands moving on to the final round with a chance to win a rockstar prize pack!
Winning first place is The President featuring L.E.S White -- "You Can Change That," with band member Nicholas Kermelewicz of Wakefield. The President wins two hours of recording time at Oak Grove Recording in Malden.
Coming in second place is Scotty and the Gang -- "Free," with band members Dan Kendricksen, Matt Tagan, Eliot Carduff and Scott Clark, all of Melrose.
The grand prize winner of the final round will headline a gig at The Harp in Boston, as well as receive a cut/color at Avanti Hair Salon, a party bus ride around Boston on Bustonian Party Bus and lunch at M.J. O'Connor's!
Congratulations to The President and Scotty and the Gang! And thanks to the more than 20 bands from across Eastern Massachusetts who submitted videos of original songs to multiple area Patch sites in hopes of taking home the top prize.
Check back on Monday to vote in the final round, which will run another two weeks before Patch declares a winner.
Here are the final vote tallies from the regional round:
- The President featuring L.E.S White, "You Can Change That:" 160
- Scotty and the Gang, "Free:" 90
- Silhouette Rising, "Sex in the City:" 40
- As the Sparrow, "Something to Talk About:" 21
- Shoney Lamar and the Equal Rights, "Careless:" 8
- Litehouse, "Portrait of Wilson:" 6
- OC45, "Far Away:" 3
- Sweet Tooth and the Sugar Babies, "So Good (The Boston Song):" 2