Today Monday, May 28, 2012, is Memorial Day. The federal holiday is always observed on the last Monday of May, and was originally called Decoration Day.
Here is a list from the City of Boston's website for what's open, closed and things to know about this week and today due to the holiday.
- Closed: All municipal offices, including Boston City Hall, schools, libraries and community centers.
- Trash & Recycling: Collection delayed by one day this week
- MBTA: Operating on a Sunday schedule: www.mbta.com.
- Parking: Parking meters not in effect. All other rules apply. The Tow Lot is CLOSED Sunday and Monday.
- Street Sweeping: There will be no daytime sweeping on Monday, May 28 (except overnight on posted arterials). Resumes 12:01 a.m. Tuesday as listed on posted materials.
- Traffic Advisories: Road closures on Sunday, May 27 in Central Boston for Boston's Run to Remember. Full list here.