- More than $30,000 has been raised to defray the medical costs of West Roxbury's Mark Delamere, who was seriously injured in an Arborway crash on Sept. 6.
- There will be an adult street hockey tournament to help defray the medical costs of Delamere at Fallon Field on Nov. 2.
- On Thursday, there will be sign-ups for the new Parkway Babe Ruth League for players ages 13-15 at the Roche Community Center from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Bring a birth certificate and proof of Roslindale/West Roxbury residency. Cost for season is $200. Tryouts on Sat./Sun., Sept. 28/29 and Sat./Sun. Oct. 5/6 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Billings Field. Players must attend at least one tryout to be eligible for team placement.
- On Thursday, the Parkway Running Club and West Roxbury Main Streets are back with their first Highland Hash Fun Run of the fall with a Beer & Bites night at West on Centre (hint: they do it every Thursday). 6:30 pm at 1732 Centre St. Participants will meet in front of the restaurant at 6:30 pm, where you can choose from either a 2.5-mile or 5 mile route based on your skill level (or mood). Each route will end back at West on Centre, with a light bite from the kitchen at West and a beer hand-picked for our crew. Every runner gets a beer at the finish and a bite to eat compliments of WRMS, the Parkway Running Club, and West on Centre. THERE IS NO COST for participating in the Highland Hash Spring Fun Run series, which is being sponsored by the Parkway Running Club and West Roxbury Main Streets to promote healthy living and neighborhood businesses in West Roxbury.
- Openings are available for children 6 to 12 at the Ohrenberger Community Center. The program is open during snow days and school vacations. Alternate trasnportation can be arranged. Call 617-635-5183.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something