- The Boston mayoral election final is Nov. 5 and it will be State Rep. Marty Walsh, D-Dorchester vs. At-Large Boston City Councilor John Connolly, of West Roxbury.
- The Boston City Council At-Large race was still being counted but the top four were well established - incumbent Ayanna Pressley, former city councilor Michael Flaherty, incumbent Stephen Murphy, and then Michelle Wu. They were followed by Martin Keogh, Jeff Michael Ross, Annissa Essaibi-George, Jack Kelly III, and then Catherine O'Neill. Only the first 8 advance to the Nov. 5 final.
- On Wednesday and Thursday, there will be sign-ups for the new Parkway Babe Ruth League for players ages 13-15 at the Roche Community Center from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Bring a birth certificate and proof of Roslindale/West Roxbury residency. Cost for season is $200. Tryouts on Sat./Sun., Sept. 28/29 and Sat./Sun. Oct. 5/6 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Billings Field. Players must attend at least one tryout to be eligible for team placement.
- On Thursday, the Parkway Running Club and West Roxbury Main Streets are back with their first Highland Hash Fun Run of the fall with a Beer & Bites night at West on Centre (hint: they do it every Thursday). 6:30 pm at 1732 Centre St. Participants will meet in front of the restaurant at 6:30 pm, where you can choose from either a 2.5-mile or 5 mile route based on your skill level (or mood). Each route will end back at West on Centre, with a light bite from the kitchen at West and a beer hand-picked for our crew. Every runner gets a beer at the finish and a bite to eat compliments of WRMS, the Parkway Running Club, and West on Centre. THERE IS NO COST for participating in the Highland Hash Spring Fun Run series, which is being sponsored by the Parkway Running Club and West Roxbury Main Streets to promote healthy living and neighborhood businesses in West Roxbury.
- Did construction at the Mt. Vernon Street Bridge affect handicapped voters at the West Roxbury Library?