- Parkway Travel Basketball is holding tryouts Sept. 3-13 for the 2013-2014 season of play in the competitive Metrowest Basketball League. Parkway offers travel teams for boys grade four through eight and girls grades five through 8. Third grade boys are eligible to tryout for the 4th grade boys' team and fourth grade girls are eligible to try out for the 5th grade girls' team. All tryouts are held at the West Roxbury Community Center at 1716 Centre St. Players MUST attend the tryouts to be eligible, no exceptions. All players wishing to tryout must register online, through the website, prior to tryouts. Children living in West Roxbury, Roslindale and Hyde Park are eligible to play for Parkway Travel Basketball teams.
- The first day of school is Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013,
- The Boston Public Schools back-to-school hotline is 617-635-9046. The hotline is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Beginning the first day of school (Wed., Sept. 4) the hotline will expand operating hours to 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The hotline will remain operational through September 13.
- Parkway Little League is requiring online registration for the 2014 season by Sept. 5, with tryouts on Sept. 7 & 8. Click here for more including prices, tryout times, etc.
- The quiet days of August are gone and September has plenty of events - promote yours by adding it to the West Roxbury Patch calendar.