- On Friday, the 1983 and 1993 championship West Roxbury High School football teams will be honored before the school's first home game this season. There will be tailgating and a celebration to honor the 83' and 93' football teams for their championships wins. Festivities will start right after school at 2 p.m., with the game starting at 3:30 p.m. All are welcome. 1205 VFW Parkway.
- On Friday, West Roxbury Cub Scout Pack 1 chartered to St. John Chrysostom Parish is having an open house for parents and boys who are interested in Cub Scouting. 6:30 in the Parish Hall. The Pack is open to any boy in grades 1 through 5 and includes scouts from West Roxbury, Roslindale, Hyde Park, Dorchester, and Mattapan. No association with the chartering institution is required. Click here for more info about the pack. 4750 Washington St.
- Click here for Q&As with mayoral and at-large candidates and other election and government articles from West Roxbury Patch.
- Come celebrate the reopening of the Draper Playground in West Roxbury with a ribbon cutting on Sat., Sept. 21, at 10:30 a.m. There is now a safe parking area for pool and park patrons. Renovations to the playground include consolidating a 2-5 age-range play structure and 5-12 age-range play structure into one area with shade, seating, and fencing. Seat walls were built for sitting outside the basketball court and at the top of the slope. The ribbon cutting celebration will include refreshments provided by H.P. Hood. 5265 Washington St.
- On Sunday morning, Boston Bikes host the 9th annual Hub on Wheels for cycling enthusiasts of all ages to explore historical Boston. The three-course ride offers the opportunity to coast through Boston’s eclectic neighborhoods, with breaks at Arnold Arboretum, Forest Hills Cemetery, Codman Square and Carson Beach. The ride starts and finishes on City Hall Plaza in downtown Boston, with a 10-, 30- and 50-mile route option. Fruit, water and light snacks will be available for hungry riders at various stops throughout each course. Don’t have a bike but still want to ride? Reserve a bike by contacting the official bike rental partner, Urban Adventours, at 617-760‑0637 or at www.urbanadventours.com. Children under 10 years old can participate by riding with an adult on a tandem, trail-a-bike, bike seat or trailer.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something