- Hope and Inspiration: Calligraphy by Jan Boyd is on exhibit at the West Roxbury Library during normal business hours from Aug. 30 to Oct. 31. Ms. Boyd's reception is Monday, September 9,2013 from 5:30-7:30 pm.
- Top It Off is holding a Sidewalk Sale all week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with everything 50% off! 162 Spring St.
- Parkway Travel Basketball is holding tryouts Sept. 3-13 for the 2013-2014 season of play in the competitive Metrowest Basketball League. Parkway offers travel teams for boys grade four through eight and girls grades five through 8. Third grade boys are eligible to tryout for the 4th grade boys' team and fourth grade girls are eligible to try out for the 5th grade girls' team. All tryouts are held at the West Roxbury Community Center at 1716 Centre St. Players MUST attend the tryouts to be eligible, no exceptions. All players wishing to tryout must register online, through the website, prior to tryouts. Children living in West Roxbury, Roslindale and Hyde Park are eligible to play for Parkway Travel Basketball teams.
- The deadline to register to vote, update your address, or to change your political party for the Tue., Sept. 24 preliminary municipal election is Wed., Sept. 4. Residents looking to register to vote or make a change to their current registration may do so by applying in person at City Hall, requesting an application by mail by calling the Boston Election Department at 617-635-3767 or by downloading a mail-in registration form.
- Northeastern University's Communication Analysis and Design Lab are conducting a Language Development Study looking at how the melody of speech is developed in children. Currently, they are seeking 4- and 11-year-old children who are typically developing (no speech, language or hearing problems) and who speak English as their only language. This project consists of two sessions (which can be scheduled back-to-back for older children); each approximately 30-45 minutes. During the first session your child's hearing will be tested, they will be asked to pronounce words, and they will be asked questions about pictures and words. The second session takes place in our lab's sound-proof booth where your child will play a computer game to imitate and produce sentences. Certain transportation costs are compensated and your child will receive $40 cash at the second session as appreciation for helping out. For any further information/questions, please contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something