- Deutsches Altenheim is hosting Stand up for Seniors, a coffee and conversation candidates event, co-sponsored with AgeWell West Roxbury and West Roxbury Business and Professional Association. On Monday, John Barros, Charles Clemons, Jr., John Connolly, Charlotte Golar Richie, Marty Walsh and Charles Yancey. 2 p.m. Deutsches Altenheim, 2222 Centre St., West Roxbury. The events are free and open to the public.
- Read the recap and see photo of Friday's Stand for Seniors forum with Felix Arroyo, Dan Conley, Rob Consalvo, Michael Ross, Bill Walczak and David James Wyatt.
- The deadline to register to vote, update your address, or to change your political party for the Tue., Sept. 24 preliminary municipal election is Wed., Sept. 4. Residents looking to register to vote or make a change to their current registration may do so by applying in person at City Hall, requesting an application by mail by calling the Boston Election Department at 617-635-3767 or by downloading a mail-in registration form.
- Chessmaster Charlie moderates the Ted D'Amato Chess Club on Monday and Wednesday afternoons in the summer at the West Roxbury Library. The program runs from 2:30-5:30 p.m. for students of the game of all ages and skill levels. This program is funded by the Friends of the West Roxbury Branch Library.
- The BCYF Ohrenberger Community Center is accepting applications for the afterschool childcare program for ages 6-12. Alternate transportation through BPS can be arranged. Call 617-635-5183.