- Top It Off is holding a Sidewalk Sale all week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with everything 50% off! 162 Spring St.
- Parkway Travel Basketball is holding tryouts Sept. 3-13 for the 2013-2014 season of play in the competitive Metrowest Basketball League. Parkway offers travel teams for boys grade four through eight and girls grades five through 8. Third grade boys are eligible to tryout for the 4th grade boys' team and fourth grade girls are eligible to try out for the 5th grade girls' team. All tryouts are held at the West Roxbury Community Center at 1716 Centre St. Players MUST attend the tryouts to be eligible, no exceptions. All players wishing to tryout must register online, through the website, prior to tryouts. Children living in West Roxbury, Roslindale and Hyde Park are eligible to play for Parkway Travel Basketball teams.
- The BCYF Ohrenberger Community Center is accepting applications for the afterschool childcare program for ages 6-12. Alternate transportation through BPS can be arranged. Call 617-635-5183.
- The deadline to register to vote, update your address, or to change your political party for the Tue., Sept. 24 preliminary municipal election is Wed., Sept. 4. Residents looking to register to vote or make a change to their current registration may do so by applying in person at City Hall, requesting an application by mail by calling the Boston Election Department at 617-635-3767 or by downloading a mail-in registration form.
- Chessmaster Charlie moderates the Ted D'Amato Chess Club on Monday and Wednesday afternoons in the summer at the West Roxbury Library. The program runs from 2:30-5:30 p.m. for students of the game of all ages and skill levels. This program is funded by the Friends of the West Roxbury Branch Library.