- The West Roxbury Friends of Rosie's Place wants volunteers. The group has been feeding hungry and homeless women and their children for more than 30 years and now it needs your help. To find out how you can help (once or often), please join a community meeting on Wed. Sept. 25, from 7-9 p.m. at District E-5 Police Station. But you can get started helping already by calling 617-327-9442 for more info.
- West Roxbury's Jan Boyd 'Hope and Inspiration' exhibit is at the West Roxbury Library through October during regular library hours. It is featuring photographs of several of the pages of the book Jan created, which was presented to Pope Benedict XVI in 2008 with names of the almost 1500 people who had identified themselves as survivors of clerical abuse in the Archdiocese of Boston. Other current original work will also be on display.
- On Friday there is an open house and demo of Loulou's Music Together class for children age newborns to 5-years-old. 120 Corey St. Temple Hillel B'Nai Torah. Thursday at 4:30 p.m., Friday at 10 a.m.
- Are you a mom looking to get back in shape or rev up your fitness routine? Come try a free Mama Beasts Bootcamp class at Hynes Field on Monday. Moms will get full-body work-out led by certified instructor while babies & toddlers are entertained with music, and movement. For fall, classes are held Mon, Wed, and Thurs, 9:30-10:30am. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- The Samuel Adams Octoberfest is on Sept. 13 & 14 (yeah, I'm confused, too). Beer, food, music and more.