- On Wednesday, State Treasurer Steve Grossman will be the lead speaker at the West Roxbury Business and Professional Association's meeting on Wednesday at the West Roxbury Pub Function Hall. 1885 Centre St. 8 a.m.
- On Wednesday, Springhouse Senior Living, a non-profit, independent living, assisted living community is offering a free presentation by author and speaker, Joanne Koenig Coste on Alzheimer's. Coste offers a practical approach to the emotional well-being of both patients and caregivers that emphasizes relating to patients in their own reality. 6:30 p.m. 44 Allandale St., Boston.
- On Friday, West Roxbury Cub Scout Pack 1 chartered to St. John Chrysostom Parish is having an open house for parents and boys who are interested in Cub Scouting. 6:30 in the Parish Hall. The Pack is open to any boy in grades 1 through 5 and includes scouts from West Roxbury, Roslindale, Hyde Park, Dorchester, and Mattapan. No association with the chartering institution is required. Click here for more info about the pack. 4750 Washington St.
- Click here for Q&As with mayoral and at-large candidates and other election and government articles from West Roxbury Patch.
- Educators who teach in Hyde Park, West Roxbury, Dedham, Norwood, Milton and Brookline are eligible to apply for funding from the Blue Hills Bank Charitable Foundation under their newly created Educator’s Innovation School Grant Program. Focusing on promoting academic excellence in the schools, teachers may apply for funds up to $2,500 to enrich their classroom curriculum in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. School principals may apply for up to $10,000 in funding.