The Irish Social Club of Boston in West Roxbury is getting ready for a new year. Below is a roundup of upcoming events in January and February with a few events in March, from local fundraisers to regular Pub Night events.
The club plans to release more details on March happenings in the next upcoming bulletin, according to club president Mary Mulvey.
- Sunday, Jan. 5 -- John Connors & the Irish Express
- Friday, Jan. 10 -- Pub Night with Colm O'Brien, 8-11 p.m. (Free Admission)
- Sunday, Jan. 12 -- Silver Spears
- Friday, Jan. 17 -- PUb Night with Ireland, 8-11 p.m. (Free Admission)
- Saturday, Jan. 18 -- St. Francis House Fundraiser. Music by the Noel Harry Irish Show Band. Tickets are $12; for more information, contact Marie Keegan at 781-762-0055 or at email@example.com.
- Sunday, Jan. 19 -- Erin's Melody with Margaret Dalton
- Friday, Jan. 24 -- Parkway Girls Softball Comedy Night featuring Steve Sweeney. Event to feature appetizers, DJ, cash bar and will run 7:30 p.m. until midnight. Tickets are $35. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, Jan. 25 -- Parkway inMotion Reunion: Buffet dinner, DJ Dave, community awards. $50 admission, will from from 7 p.m. until midnight. For more information, call 617-413-1329.
- Sunday, Jan. 26 -- Dennis Curtin
- Saturday, Feb. 1 -- Pub Night with Irish Whispa, 8-11 p.m. (Free Admission)
- Sunday, Feb. 2 -- Wild Rovers
- Friday, Feb. 7 -- New Year, New Addition Fundraiser for the Wiener Family of West Roxbury. The event is in support of Barry and his 19-year-old son Eddie, who care for Andy and Dan, 13-year-old twin boys who are severely disabled and in dire need of home alternations in West Roxbury; both boys are blind with additional medical issues challenging one son, leaving him to rely on a wheelchair. Doors open at 7 p.m. Admission is $20. Light buffet and music by DJ Kevin O'Connell. For more information, call Tim DiAngelis of Lawn Care Plus at 617-592-9185 or at email@example.com.
- Saturday, Feb. 8 -- Neponset Valley Sunrise Rotary Club of Dedham Comedy Night with Lenny Clarke, Steve Sweeney & Pete Costello. Buffet and DJ. Tickets are $35. For more information, call Brian Davis at 781-389-5342.
- Sunday, Feb. 9 -- Mossie Coughlin and the Boston Irish
- Sunday, Feb. 16 -- The Traditions
- Friday, Feb. 21 -- Pub Night with Colm O'Brien, 8-11 p.m. (Free Admission)
- Sunday, Feb. 23 -- Erin's Melody with Margaret Dalton
- Friday, Feb. 28 -- West Roxbury Community Center Comedy Night Fundraiser. For more information, call Kathy Gallant at 617-469-4318.
The Druids will come direct from Ireland on Thursday, March 13, and the Roscommon Association will hold its St. Patrick's Dinner on Saturday, March 15 at 5 p.m. Tickets for that event will be $40 and include a corned beef and cabbage dinner, as well as music by Erin's Melody with Margaret Dalton. For more information, call Richard Gormley at 617-327-7777.
Mossie Coughlin and the Boston Irish will perform on Sunday, March 16. The Noel Henry Irish Show Band will perform from 8 p.m. until midnight on St. Patrick's Day, on Monday, March 17, for a fee of $20.