Businesses come and go, but we hope these are 10 West Roxbury businesses that opened this year.
They added variety to Centre Street, the VFW Parkway, Spring Street and other locations.
Let us know what you think of the list - and what are your new favorite businesses in West Roxbury?
(The list is not in order of any preference.)
1. - The snowboard/ski shop opened up before the snow fell - but they drew attention by putting out real snowmen on the weekends before we even had our first that. Now that's a unique advertising promo!
2. - This isn't your usual workout. Ally will get you in shape and then some with an intense personalized workout. We hear she has a good jab, too!
3. - A great place to have birthday parties - and parents also have an indoor place to send their kids during those cold months to run around.
4. - A very unassuming business that slips past people's view when you're driving past the VA Hospital. The Fisher House is a non-profit organization that offer five-star hotel accommodations for loved ones of those who have family receiving treatment at the hospital.
5. - West Roxbury residents Christian Galvin created this online business that can hook you up with cheaper tickets than what you may find in other locations.
6. - This Lebanese restaurant came into their location on the VFW Parkway and took the foodie world by storm.
7. - This local community bank is still constructing their building (the former Skara Grill/Friendly's site) - but they've already been getting involved in the community with sponsoring the West Roxbury Art Association and getting involved with other local entities. Hey, Bank of America, where you at on this front?!
8. - 7-11 took over the old White Hen Pantry site next to the police station. One word - Slurpees.
9. - The market hasn't opened yet on Spring Street, and it might not be until next year - but we're still excited about having a weekend artisans market for local artists to sell their handcrafted goods.
10. - Porter Cafe has also not opened yet, but it expected to do so in the coming weeks in the last Centre Street spot that was decimated by the Tai Ho fire in 2007. The Porter Cafe is going to be a nice small bistro to get a good meal and a glass of wine.