First there was Black Friday, and starting last year, the shopping day after Black Friday was named Small Business Saturday. Saturday is a day to support West Roxbury businesses that create jobs, boost the economy and preserve the neighborhood.
Small Business Saturday was created last year in response to small business owners’ most pressing need: creating more demand for their products and services.
The following is a list of West Roxbury and Roslindale businesses and what they're offering this weekend. Please check with stores in case deals change.
- 30% off on Saturday
- on Friday, select footwear starting at $25, with everything else being buy one get one free footwear and apparel. Shopowner Sherike Morris will also be giving out free stuff, with the first five to spend $200 or more will receive a free gift such as a pair of sneakers, skateboard, snapback, hoodie or wheels. The store will have 10% off select merchandise on Saturday.
- 20% off selected items all weekend
- on Saturday an additional 5% off a purchase of more than $50, with many items already reduced.
- 25% off retail merchandise, and $150 for a gift card worth $175 on Saturday
- special selection of new merchandise from famous designers
- 10% off
(751 South St., Roslindale) is having its grand opening ribbon cutting event with Mayor Menino on Saturday at 2 p.m. There will be refreshments served following the ribbon cutting. The shop will be giving out 10% off coupons to people who purchase something for $25 and more at the store that will be valid until December 24.
- 10% off on Saturday
T - 30% off one item on Saturday