Not many wars can be regarded as a tasty, possibly artery-clogging, and cheese-filled - but that's exactly what the combatants are going for in the West Roxbury Main Streets' ongoing .
Burger Wars ends on Friday so you have plenty of time to taste all nine of the special burgers at nine different West Roxbury food establishments.
How many have you tasted so for? Let us know in the comments section.
Said WRMS Board Director Michael Loconto via email, "As for me, I've had three burgers in six days, and will do my fourth in eight tonight." He added he hoped to hit two others this week, too. "But for a guy who has a burger about once every three months - it has been a delicious but daunting task."
A daunting task that for every burger purchased, $1 will go to WRMS' community revitalization efforts.
Voting is ongoing and you can vote here.
Here are the burger descriptions from WRMS' website:
- “The Lamborghini” an 8 oz. Angus burger topped with seared pancetta, arugula, fresh mozzarella, and balsamic glaze. $8.95
- “The Masona Burger” a ground pork patty with sweet potato rounds, pickled red onions and gulf sauce
- The classic burger, an 8 oz. prime chuck burger with cheddar, red onion relish, and fries. $11
- The Pig’s burger is an 8 oz., a BBQ-glazed burger with melted pimento cheese, bacon, shaved onions, lettuce, tomato jam and mayo
- West of the Border Mesquite Burger, 8oz bacon, avocado, blue cheese, cilantro, cumin, red pepper flakes
Half a pound of all-natural certified Angus burger with Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing and fried dill pickles on grilled rye bread
– The classic Angus cheeseburger
- 8 oz. Angus burger in a freshly baked bun, with toppings of your choice