Fabutique has been chosen as the West Roxbury representative among 20 citywide finalists for Boston's Deck the Windows of Boston Main Streets contest.
And like everything that Fabutique's owner Marika Gaurenszky does - it is fabulous! Fabutique's window sparkles with a sleek silver and white theme with animal figures by mannequins donning fashionable Fabutique-ness.
The Deck the Windows contest is a friendly competition for businesses to show off their creativity while promoting Boston Main Streets business districts by decorating their storefronts for the holidays.
The contest is part of Mayor Menino’s Deck the City campaign to encouraging both residents and business owners to celebrate the holiday season by decorating their homes and local businesses districts.
West Roxbury's Top It Off won the Deck the Windows holiday storefront decorating competition last year.
This year more than 400 windows were decorated by November 28. Last week local judges reviewed windows in each of the Boston Main Streets districts and selected a winner from all 20 Main Street districts. Voting concludes on December 18, at which time online voting will determine the winner. The top three businesses will be announced on Thurs., Dec. 20.
THE 2012 DECK THE WINDOWS OF BOSTON MAIN STREETS FINALISTS:
- Stingray Body Art - Allston Village Main Streets
- Ashley’s Breakfast Shop - Bowdoin/Geneva Main Streets
- Centre Pieces Design Flower Shop - Brighton Main Streets
- Juice Bar - Chinatown Main Street
- A Nubian Notion - Dudley Square Main Streets
- Topacio Restaurant - East Boston Main Streets
- Boston Express Multiservices - Egleston Square Main Street
- A Sweet Place - Fields Corner Main Street
- Reggae on the Grill - Four Corners Main Street
- Lulu's Barbershop and Salon - Greater Grove Hall Main Streets
- Sonia’s Bridal & Quinceañera - Hyde/Jackson Square Main Street
- Justine’s Dancewear - Hyde Park Main Streets
- Polka Dog Bakery - JP Centre/South Main Streets
- Innovative Fashions & Bridal - Mattapan Square Main Streets
- Penguin Pizza - Mission Hill Main Streets
- Sebastian’s Barber Shop - Roslindale Village Main Street
- Back to Life Chiropractic & Wellness - St. Mark’s Area Main Street
- A&M Bargain Store - Upham’s Corner Main Street
- Coco Baby - Washington Gateway Main Street
- Fabutique - West Roxbury Main Streets