"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight there will be a public meeting at 6 p.m. at the West Roxbury Library to discuss improvements at the Billings Field Playground.
- The city of Boston will pick up Christmas trees from Jan. 7-18. Click here for more info.
- Today at 10 a.m. is the first Boston City Council meeting of the year and Stephen Murphy will continue to be the president of the council.
- The Boston School Committee is meeting tonight at 6 p.m. 26 Court St., Boston. This meeting is open to the public and the agenda includes: Approval of 2013 Calendar of Meetings and election of officers.
- The Corrib Pub will appear in front of the Licensing Board of Boston after receiving a license premise violation for a Sept. 8, 2012 patron-on-patron assault and battery. The Corrib Pub allegedly violated a Massachusetts General Law for not reporting the assault to police. The hearing will be on Tuesday at Boston City Hall. 10 a.m.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.