"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- On Jan. 1 participate in Parkway Running Club's free Jon Connor Resolution Run starting at 9:30 a.m. 3- or 5-mile run. Starts at West Roxbury YMCA.
- Not sure what to do with the kids this week? Admission for kids is free this week at the Museum of Fine Arts!
- Want to know about First Night in Boston - click here.
- Learn about Boston's port by viewing the ships of the Harbor including: modern powerful tub boats, container ships, LNG carriers, cruise ships, fishing boats, deep sea and more. On Sat., at 11 a.m. Boston's Best Cruises are running a cruise about the port and leaves from Long Wharf North, 66 Long Wharf, Boston 02110.
- Check out West Roxbury's Richie DiSalvo's house, which was selected as the best Decked out holiday house in the area for Patch's Deck the House contest. All you have to do is visit this page to browse a gallery of the finalists and cast your vote beginning Dec. 18. On Dec. 28, we’ll announce the grand prize winner of our Deck the House contest.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.