"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- The former Prime Minister of Greece, George Papandreou, will visit Roxbury Latin this morning to speak to students and staff.
- Christmas/holiday decorations for Centre Street are scheduled to go up starting tonight. So say hello to the folks if you see them in cherrypicker trees putting up our holiday wreaths!
- On Tuesday join Michael Loconto at Porter Cafe for a @Neighbeers event starting at 7 p.m. to share some local craft beer with your neighbors. There's no agenda, and there will be no brewery reps there - just some craft beer lovers getting together for a few pints. However, Loconto is going to be sharing a very special brew with anyone who attends - his stash of the ONCEMADE beers from Everett's Night Shift Brewing and Backlash Beer of Massachusetts. Read more about these sour saisons brewed with Massachusetts raspberries and aged in red wine and brandy barrels on the ONCEMADE website.
- Have you seen Santa yet this year? Santa will be at the Cooperative Bank on Thursday. Stop by to visit Santa from 2-7 p.m. and have your picture taken with Santa! This is a FREE event hosted by TCB.
- Enter your house in Patch's Deck the House contest and win $100,000 for the Boston Public Schools district and $500 for your electricity bill.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.