"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight participate in a free Caregiver Support Group with other caregivers and professionals for discussion and encouragement as you encounter the challenges of caring for the senior in your life. The monthly group is led by trained Alzheimer’s Association leaders and provides a confidential and relaxed setting and is open to all caregivers of the elderly. The free group meets 6-7:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month. Deutsches Althenheim German Centre.
- On Friday at 5:15 p.m. the Macy’s Enchanted Trolley Tour will be coming to the Roche Family Community Center. Come join Santa and the rest of the West Roxbury community to ring in the holiday season. Light snacks and refreshments are provided by Sugar Bakery and Roche Bros.
- Today is a Free Trojan Giveaway. Trojan will "declare freedom and liberty of pleasure for all" by giving away a free Trojan Tri-Phoria (MSRP $39.99) or Trojan Pulse (MSRP $29.99) vibrator from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cyclorama at the Boston Center for The Arts (539 Tremont St.) in the South End.
- For all the little kids who love dinosaurs (and the big kids, too!) the Museum of Science has an exhibit - Mammoths and Mastodons: Titans of the Ice Age. Examine full-scale replicas of massive Ice Age mammals, including Lyuba, a 40,000-year-old baby mammoth discovered by a Siberian reindeer herder in 2007. The exhibit also features some of the oldest art in existence, huge skulls and tusks, weird and wonderful mammoth relatives, and mastodon bones collected by William Clark (of Lewis and Clark fame) for President Thomas Jefferson's own collection.
- Enter your house in Patch's Deck the House contest and win $100,000 for the Boston Public Schools district and $500 for your electricity bill.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.