"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- This morning West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley is holding office hours at Panera from 8-9 a.m. Stop by, say hello and let him know about that broken streetlight on your road.
- See artifacts from 5,000 years ago found at the Brook Farm Historic Site in West Roxbury. Boston's first Archaeological Museum exhibitis on display at the Boston Archaeology Laboratory at 201 Rivermoor St., West Roxbury. Read more here about the exhibit here. The display is open until June 15 and just opened.
- On Saturday is a free Winterize Now! West Roxbury presentation at the Roche Family Community Center at 10 a.m. The City's Renew Boston initiative and West Roxbury Saves Energy are hosting two presentations to help you tighten up your home. Learn about no-cost energy assessments and incentives of 75% off insulation and air-sealing up to $2,000. The program includes rebates for heating and hot-water upgrades, appliances, and more. Refreshments seved. This presentation repeats on Mon., March 4, at 6:45 p.m. at the West Roxbury Library.
- The 63rd Annual New England Show is running from Feb. 21-24 at the Seaport World Trade Center. Covering all of your home improvement needs from gardening to flooring, to techniques to tools, and with more than 500 experts on hand to answer your DIY questions while providing hands-on demos. While kids play at the ‘Fun Zone,’ peruse the home improvement isles at your leisure, enjoy live cooking demonstrations from some of the top chefs in Boston at "Chef Fest", visit the Wood Working Expo featuring the Emmy-nominated master craftsman Tommy MacDonald, or take in the Artisan Craft and Specialty Food Area; there truly is something for everyone. For tickets and more info, visit www.newenglandhomeshows.com. Seaport World Trade Center, Boston. Dates & Hours: Feb. 21-22, noon - 9 p.m.; Sat., Feb. 23, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Sun., Feb. 24, 10 a.m. - 6 pm. Admission adults: $12; 17 and under are free. Buy tickets online and save $3.
- It's Hatterday at Seek Books on Saturday. Wear your best hat and get 10% off any purchase.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.