"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- On Jan. 1 participate in Parkway Running Club's free Jon Connor Resolution Run starting at 9:30 a.m. 3- or 5-mile run. Starts at West Roxbury YMCA.
- Want to know about First Night in Boston - click here.
- The MBTA is free after 8 p.m. tonight.
- Due to the New Year's holiday, trash/recyling will be delayed one day.
- The Museum of Fine Arts is free today for kids!
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.
About this column: A roundup of events taking place today in West Roxbury.