"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today there is a Local Craft Beer Tastings at Porter Cafe. Tonight's tasting will be from Jack's Abby. 5-7 p.m.
- On Thursday night, Congressman , will be the guest speaker at the Ward 20 Democratic Committee meeting. 7 p.m. West Roxbury Pub Function Room, 1885 Centre St. The meeting is open to the public. Free.
- On Saturday, the Boston Police Gaelic Column (bag pipers from the Boston Police Department) will host a fundraiser at the Irish Social Club beginning at 5:30 p.m. to raise money for nearly a dozen NYPD Pipes and Drums police who lost their homes in NY and NJ due to Hurricane Sandy. Tickets are $25 at the door. Admission is only $20 when purchased at The Corrib, West Roxbury Pub and West on Centre as well as at the Irish Social Club before the event.
- There is a shortage of flu shots. Osco on Spring Street has some as of yesterday. Click here to find where you can get a flu shot in West Roxbury - but call ahead first.
- The city of Boston will pick up Christmas trees from Jan. 7-18. Click here for more info.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.