"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- In celebration of its one year anniversary, Los Amigos is selling $3 burritos today.
- Check out Boston's Open Government portal - with access to data, interactive maps and more.
- Today Boston Mayor Thomas Menino is hosting a Mayors Against Illegal Guns meeting with more than 10 Massachusetts mayors. 33 Beacon St., Boston.
- Remember quarterly real estate tax payments are due the first weekday of February, which is Friday. Click more here.
- Friday is also the deadline for filing tax abatements for: real estate; personal property; and statutory exemption. Applications are due on the first weekday of February, at 5 p.m. Click more here.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.