"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley will be leading a hearing at City Hall on Thursday about increasing public access to water throughout the city. We're talking water fountains, bubblers, tap stations and whatever new technology is out there. 11 a.m. 5th floor.
- The Boston City Council will hold its weekly meeting today at City Hall at noon. All meetings are open to the public and are also available on Comcast Channel 51 and on webcast.
- SMILE Mass is holding a party for its third year on Friday at the Elks Hall at 7 p.m. $30 per person includes: a buffet dinner, DJ, fantastic raffle and silent auction items. Plus the comedy of Brad Mastrangelo. Please visit www.smilemass.org for more information and to order tickets.
- On Sat. Feb. 9 starting at noon, visit Lord's & Lady's Hair Salon and whether you have an appointment or not, you can receive a complimentary personalized photo by PhotoOpBoston. You will get a photo in a Valentine's Day card.
- The Summer of Opportunity (SOO) employment program for Boston youth is back for its 20th year. SOO will last from July 1 to August 9, taking place on Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. During these six weeks, young people from the ages of 15 to 17 will learn valuable leadership and life skills in a structured environment while earning a weekly stipend. Application info here.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.