"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Boston crews are continuing to clear streets. Call the Mayor's 24-hour hotline at 617-635-4500 to report a storm-related issue.
- A snow emergency parking ban remains in effect, this is where you can NOT park in West Roxbury.
- Boston Public Schools are closed today, as is Catholic Memorial.
- Trash/recycling is on normal schedule starting Monday. Crews may be working slowly due to wintry conditions. Please clear a space at the curb for crews to safely collect trash/recycling.
- Tonight Somerville Brewing Company's Slumbrew will be offering a free tasting at Porter Cafe. All brewers' nights are 5-7 p.m., and include free tastings from the featured brewer.
- On Wednesday enjoy Spanish wine and tapas from Masona Grill at Blanchard's. Spanish wine is hot! Sometimes quite literally, it is easy to grow grapes that will make high alcohol wines in a warm climate, it's also in reference to the amazing growth in Spain's wine exports to the United States and these wines are delicious and balanced, defying the long time reputation that great Spanish wines were few and far between. Blanchard's is conducting a seminar with Patrick Mata, co-founder of Ole Imports, where you will taste your way through Spain's incredibly diverse wine regions, we will touch on the classic and esoteric alike. Aside from the wine quality, one of the most admirable aspects of Ole Imports is their attitude concerning social responsibility. Light Tapas prepared by Masona Grill will accompany the wines. Tickets are $25 per person and $20 per person with a purchase of two or more tickets. Buy tickets here. 7-8:30 p.m.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.