"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today there is a free re-enactment of Abraham Lincoln's Life at the West Roxbury Library presented by Young Audiences of Massachusetts. Registration suggested by phone: 617-325-3147. For ages 6 to 12. 2-2:45 p.m.
- What would you like to see at the Billings Field playground? The second Billings Playground improvement community meeting will be held tonight. 6 p.m. West Roxbury Library Function Room.
- Also today there is a free Preschool Indoor Playground event at the Ohrenberger Community Center. Children ages 3-5 can participate in an obstacle course, art table, and other activities. Parents must accompany children. 9:30-11 a.m.
- See artifacts from 5,000 years ago found at the Brook Farm Historic Site in West Roxbury. Boston's first Archaeological Museum exhibitis on display at the Boston Archaeology Laboratory at 201 Rivermoor St., West Roxbury. Read more here about the exhibit here. The display is open until June 15 and just opened.
- On Friday, West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley is holding office hours at Panera from 8-9 a.m. Stop by, say hello and let him know about that broken streetlight on your road.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.