"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Holiday decorations are up on Centre Street! Volunteers put up the LED-snowflakes and wreaths on light poles.
- Vote for Fabutique as the West Roxbury entry in Boston's Deck the Windows contest. Voting ends tomorrow Dec. 18.
- On Tuesday, Ethos AgeWell West Roxbury is presenting a free workshop for seniors - Stay Sharp–Memory Fitness. This is a two-hour a week for four weeks class. The classes are held at St. Theresa Church Pavilion on Tuesday afternoons from 1-3 p.m. The first class started on Nov. 27. Call 617-477-6616 to sign up for future classes.
- Check out the City of Boston's website for holiday events all round the city.
- Enter your house in Patch's Deck the House contest and win $100,000 for the Boston Public Schools district and $500 for your electricity bill.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.