"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Vote for Fabutique as the West Roxbury entry in Boston's Deck the Windows contest. Voting ends today at noon.
- Check out West Roxbury's Richie DiSalvo's house, which was selected as the best Decked out holiday house in the area for Patch's Deck the House contest. All you have to do is visit this page to browse a gallery of the finalists and cast your vote beginning Dec. 18. On Dec. 28, we’ll announce the grand prize winner of our Deck the House contest.
- Today Ethos AgeWell West Roxbury is presenting a free workshop for seniors -Stay Sharp–Memory Fitness. This is a two-hour a week for four weeks class. The classes are held at St. Theresa Church Pavilion on Tuesday afternoons from 1-3 p.m. The first class started on Nov. 27. Call 617-477-6616 to sign up for future classes.
- Former State Lab chemist Annie Dookhan was indicted yesterday on 27 charges related to her alleged mishandling of hundreds of cases of state evidence.
- The holiday season can be tough on a lot of people, which sometimes leads to more drinking. There is no commitment to attending an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. But it couldn't hurt. There is an open AA meeting tonight at St. George's Orthodox Church. 7 p.m.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.