"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- What would you like to see at the Billings Field playground? The second Billings Playground improvement community meeting will be held on Thursday. 6 p.m. West Roxbury Library Function Room.
- See artifacts from 5,000 years ago found at the Brook Farm Historic Site in West Roxbury.Boston's first Archaeological Museum exhibitis on display at the Boston Archaeology Laboratory at 201 Rivermoor St., West Roxbury. Read more here about the exhibit here. The display is open until June 15 and just opened.
- Today at the Franklin Park Golf Course Club House is a Boston ParkSCIENCE Children's Festival from 10 a.m. - noon. Free interactive science themed activities for participants to explore, observe, and learn in an exciting and fun environment. For kids 12 and younger.
- On Thursday there is a free Preschool Indoor Playground event at the Ohrenberger Community Center. Children ages 3-5 can participate in an obstacle course, art table, and other activities. Parents must accompany children. 9:30-11 a.m.
- In celebration of Black History Month, today's Wednesday Morning Book Discussion Group is discussing "Somebody Knows My Name" by Lawrence Hill. The Wednesday Morning Book Discussion Group meets the third Wednesday of the month from September through May, unless otherwise posted. Meetings take place in the West Roxbury Library Lecture Hall and begin at 10:30 a.m. New members are always welcome! Books and author/review materials are provided for each member. Coffee, tea, water and delicious refreshments are served courtesy of The Friends of the West Roxbury Branch Library.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.