"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- See artifacts from 5,000 years ago found at the Brook Farm Historic Site in West Roxbury. Boston's first Archaeological Museum exhibit is on display at the Boston Archaeology Laboratory at 201 Rivermoor St., West Roxbury. Read more here about the exhibit here. The display is open until June 15 and just opened.
- There is a Winter Preschool Story Time today at the West Roxbury Library. 11-11:45 a.m. Free.
- Also tonight at the Copley Library is British baritone Sir Thomas Allen as he discusses BLO’s new production of Così Fan Tutte and reads excerpts from his published memoir. Allen's book chronicles his time touring as an opera singer and offers insight into his creative process. The story of Sir Thomas’ early life as a boy in a small fishing village in northern England and his turn to a career as Britain’s premier baritone has been cited by playwright Lee Hall as the inspiration for his film Billy Elliot. Free. 6-7 p.m. 700 Boylston St.
- The second Billings Playground improvement community meeting will be held on Thursday. 6 p.m. West Roxbury Library Function Room.
- Due to Presidents Day holiday, trash/recycling is delayed one day.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.