"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- The ReadBoston StoryMobile will be back in the neighborhood today, making stops at Billings Field (10 a.m.) and at the Ohrenberger School (11:15 a.m.). Children are invited to enjoy storytelling and free books. For more information, contact 617-918-5289 or click here.
- Also at Billings Field today will be Boston R.O.C.K.S. Out!!!, a Boston Center for Youth and Families campaign to provide outdoor fun and games for youth 8-18 during the summer. 11 a.m.
- Running until Aug. 14 is the Roxbury Latin's Summer Festival Theater's production of Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night." Tickets are $15 for seniors and students, $20 for veterans, $25 for adults. For more information or to inquire about group/package discounts, email email@example.com or call 617-325-4920 ext. 383.
- at the West Roxbury Library continues tonight at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served and discussion will follow the half-hour lecture about an influential American.
- Want to hit the links as summer shifts to autumn, and for a good cause at that? The first annual West Roxbury YMCA Golf Open will be held on September 19th at the George Wright Golf Course in Hyde Park. For $150, golfers will get 18 holes and a 19th hole celebration at the West Roxbury Elks Hall. West Roxbury Patch , including where the money will go and how and how the tournament is progressing. You can register in person at the West Roxbury YMCA or click here. For more information please contact Sean Toland at firstname.lastname@example.org.