"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- West Roxbury Editor David Ertischek is holding office hours at Starbucks today from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Stop by and say hello, talk about West Roxbury and the happenings of the neighborhood.
- The Boston Youth Fund Summer Employment Program and hotline are open to register Boston youths ages 15 to 17 for summer jobs. To learn if you're eligible and to apply click here. Application deadline is March 2.
- Tonight a public meeting will be held to discuss the nationwide, nonprofit transportation program for seniors that is now available in West Roxbury and surrounding communities called ITNGreater Boston. 6 p.m. at the West Roxbury Library.
- On Friday morning starting at 9:30 a.m. is Sports, Games & More for preschoolers to begin a love for sports. This class will include activites like organized sports, free play and simple physical activities. Children must be able to separate from parents and follow directions. The cost of the session is $30. For more information or to register please call the Roche Family Community Center at 617-635-5066
- Also on Friday morning, West Roxbury District Councilor Matt O'Malley will hold office hours at Anna's Donuts from 8-9 a.m.