"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- The at 7 p.m. The scheduled agenda includes: of his military deployment. Developer Pat Corrigan will discuss the four Victorian Houses being built "as of right" at 214, 216, 218 and 220 Grove St. This meeting is open to the public. .
- Tomorrow night, will host an informational night about single-sex Catholic education for all parents of current fifth-graders. Reps of admissions staffs from Mt. Alvernia High School and Catholic Memorial will present information and moderate a Q&A about the benefits of single-sex education in a Catholic setting. Admission is free but an RSVP is requested by June 11. Please RSVP to Catholic Memorial admissions director Tom Ryan at 617-469-8019 or ThomasRyan@CatholicMemorial.org.
- Are you a senior citizen looking to have some fun and activity today? How about at the at 11:15 a.m. Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Registration is not required. Free.
- On Tuesday, the Boston City Council's Committee on Census and Redistricting will meet at 3 p.m. at . The last iteraton of the new Boston City Council distrits (required every 10 years by law) kept West Roxbury as one council district, while initial maps did not.
- Want to know the cheapest gas prices in West Roxbury? Check out the Patch Commute and Gas page here.